2014 was an eventful year for everyone in our household.
- Dad almost died. He didn’t, and thankfully made a (mostly) full recovery.
- A few months after that, Grampaw *did* die.
- Then, a few months later, Grandma also died.
- In between, Tom and I got married!
- I started an internship for the DNR at Monroe Lake and began developing interpretive recreation programs. Tom was incredibly supportive of this endeavor.
- I had a kidney stone and now understand pain.
- We found out we’re going to be aunts! Or rather, as Tom puts it, we’re going to have a niece.
- I moved into a different position at IU as an instructional systems developer at the Institute on Disability and Community.
- Tom and I completed the Indiana Master Naturalist course. One of us has also finished the volunteer hours.
- I finished my M.S. project and graduated.
- We embarked on our first self-supported tour (which we completed in 2015).
All the highs and lows made for an exhausting year. So far, 2015 is much less exciting. We are settling into the new routines of married life and adjusting to the (sometimes uncomfortable) experience of being not only two independent and stubborn individuals but also a team. Last year was alternately impossible and exhilarating and I’m so glad Tom and I got to share it.